Kate DesRosier, MC
Fascinated by people and relationships, Kate chose to study psychology in graduate school and earned a masters degree in counseling. She spent six months counseling Planned Parenthood patients, which was an education in and of itself. Currently, she specializes in being the one person with whom friends, acquaintances, and strangers can talk openly about their existential issues. Her writing has been published by Skirt Collective and GirlTalkHQ, two emerging online communities focused on empowering young women.
Kate Holmes, CFP®
Kate’s mission is to change the conversations we’re all having. The first question she asks a new client is, “When are you happiest?” And she’ll ask your audience the same thing. Whether we’re talking about money, career, relationships, or goals, she encourages everyone to be honest with themselves and what they really want in life.
As a Certified Financial Planner that’s been in the industry for nine years, Kate regularly speaks at companies. She educates employees on the most important financial steps they need to take and can take a deep dive into their employee benefits. This can be a one-time presentation or an ongoing course and can be delivered in person or virtually.
As a young, female entrepreneur, Kate is excited to talk with our next generation about the possibilities that lie ahead. As high school and college students prepare for their futures, Kate can speak about her experience following her dreams. She obtained a degree in photography from RMIT Universtiy in Melbourne, Australia. Then she took the more ‘practical’ route and got a steady job in financial services. As a young female she wasn’t always taken seriously. When she identified gaps in the industry and things she felt she could improve upon, she launched her own business to do thing a bit differently.
As a world traveler that’s lived abroad, transitioned from photography to financial planning, spent 7.5 years as a step-parent, and left a six-figure shareholder position to launch her own firm (all of which was in her 20s), Kate talks about asking ourselves why we make the decisions we do and how we can discover and go after our happiest life. Always encouraging others to be honest with themselves, Kate is an open book that shares her mistakes, missteps, and lessons learned. All with a side of humor and intrigue.
Kate has written for, been quoted in, or featured by:
- Society of Grownups: Run Towards Your Happiest — Writer
- Women & Money Magazine: Ask the Expert — Writer
- Financial Times: Changing the Conversation — Quoted
- Forbes: Fun and Finances – Is Social Spending Sabatoging Your Budget? — Quoted
- The Seattle Times: Financial Makeover — Featured
- AOL DailyFinance: 5 Ways to Financial Prepare To Go After Your Dream Job — Quoted
- InvestmentNews: How to Work With Millennials and the Next Generation of Investors — Panelist
- eInvesting for Beginners: Video Interview
- Money Tree Investing Podcast: Financial Planning for Millennials — Interview
- Financial Planning Magazine: The Smarest Things We Heard at WAF — Featured
Among others; all of which highlight Kate’s passion and unique approach to life and financial planning.